Biblical Discipleship Ministries is grounded upon the Scriptural truths that the Lord Jesus Christ is the answer to all of life’s needs. He is . . . the way and the truth and the life (John 14:6), and He promises to be our Life (Colossians 1:27; 3:4; Galatians 2:20) as we put our faith and trust in Him and His free gift of salvation (John 3:16; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 2:8-9). As our very Life, we can believe with assurance that the Lord Jesus Christ wants to be our hope, peace, fulfillment, joy, and is the only One who can give us true, unconditional love (Romans 5:8; Jeremiah 31:3). We believe that His Word is quick [living], and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, (Hebrews 4:12). It is totally trustworthy.
Regardless of the topic, the three main thrusts of Biblical Discipleship Ministries are:
- Evangelizing the lost, because God is . . . not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 4:10).
- Discipling the believer to become . . . a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).
- Equipping God’s people to . . . be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear (1 Peter 3:15).
The desired fruit of the ministry of BDM is that the truths of Colossians 1:10 can become more of a reality in Believers’ lives so as to encourage the Body of Christ to . . .
- walk worthy of the Lord;
- please the Lord Jesus in all respects;
- bear fruit in every good work; and
- increase in the knowledge of God.
In the midst of seeking to encourage Believers toward Colossians 1:10, may we not lose sight of the Greatest Commandments and the New Commandment:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:30-31
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35
The main subject matter of BDM teaching and resources include the following: Biblical discipleship, creation science vs. evolution, creation evangelism, Biblical conflict resolution, Christian leadership, cultivating discernment in a culture of deception, marriage and the family, Bible prophecy, the doctrine of the body of Christ, harmful trends from the New Age Movement/New Spirituality, and Worldviews.